[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T cards in the UK

> A pci bridge shouldnt cost this much.

A DVB-T card /shouldn't/ cost £200+ .... MS /shouldn't/ be the behemoth that
they are, etc. etc.

> Also I got the impression (from the fact
> theat there are 3 pins allocated as PCI riser, according to the manual)
> that some of this was built in and these pins just acted as the select
lines
> or something. I may be wrong.

Oh ho? Now this /does/ sound interesting :)

Then the problem moves to cases... the precious few Mini-ITX cases that
/are/ available only have room for one PCI device, AFAIK, else they'd be too
tall..

Mind, I've never seen any pics of the back of one of these cases...

http://linitx.com/

> > Still, a full feature DVB-T would mean you could record channels from
> > different mplexes, or even just LAN broadcast different mplexes to other
> > clients...
>
> does it? I didnt know this. Does it have 2 tuners then?

Agh, once again my fingers are typing before my brain has caught up...

A common setup in the UK is to have a Nova-T for actual reception, and a
full-feature DVB-S being used purely for MPEG2 decode / OSD and TV-output.

If you were to replace the DVB-S with a full-feature DVB-T, then yes it
might cost a bit more, but then you could do the things I mentioned :)

gdh