[linux-dvb] Re: bttv and DVB cards hardware incompaibility only in late linux

* Guido Fiala <gfiala@s.netic.de> [021015 19:07]:

>> You are probably right. What I cannot understand, though, is why
>> whithout the DVB card plugged in _any_ PCI slot - yes, I tried every
>> possible cobination -, the bttv cards works just fine, and just by
>> pluggin the dvb, it does not only stop working, but it is not even
>> correctly recognized by the kernel. That's without any driver loaded.
>>
>> Now that I think of it, it might be a BIOS problem. If in the past it
>> worked, the only thing I have changed along this time which I did not go
>> back to, is the BIOS.

>Yep - might be. As i used a bttv+dvb-card for 3 years in parallel without any
>problem (beside the ARM crashes, but thats an other story ;-)

It did not solve anything. I went back to BIOS versions dated sometime
in early 2001, which should be plenty enough - my board is from that
time -.

I had everything working on Windows and I am pretty sure I made it work
sometime in Linux.

Could those of you with both a bttv and a dvb card installed on the same
system - now or in the past -, tell me your system specifics and your
experiences with them? I wanna know specially models of both boards.
Main mobo might also be a key factor. I use an ASUS A7V133A.

--
Javier Marcet <jmarcet@pobox.com>
Saint Louis University, Madrid Campus