[linux-dvb] Re: Slightly OT Satellite question

Dennis Noordsij wrote:

> What about a different card? (I don't know which DVB-S cards there are). It'll
> be a few months before I *might* get a dish installed, so it's not urgent,
> but it'd be nice to know :)

AFAIK, it seems only DVB-S can be supported with CI/CAM by Convergence
linux dvb driver.

There are other cards but these Technotrend cards (Nexus rev 2.1 or
older ones rev 1.3) are the one with the best software available in both
Linux and Windows. If you buy a new one go for a Nexus rev 2.1 card. If
you can find an old used rev 1.3 it is ok too (and cheaper).

Maybe Nova with CI module will be supported some day ?

Patrick.