[linux-dvb] Re: Re : Slightly OT Satellite question

Another thing to point out is that the CI module that piggybacks on the full featured card may not work at all depending on the versions of the CI module and the card. As far as I was able to gather from the hundreds of message on the ML the situation is:

Card Rev. ---- CI Rev. ---- CAM Type ------------ Encryption--------Status
1.3 ---------- All -------- Aston,Conax,Viaccess- Seca1,TPS,Irdeto -Ok, multiple reloads needed to recognize the CI module
1.3 ---------- All -------- Aston --------------- Seca2 ---------- -Not working
2.1 ---------- >=1.5 ------ Aston 1.03 and 1.05 - Seca1 ----------- Not working

Lucky me, I have two rev 2.1 cards with two 1.5 CI interface modules, one aston 1.03 and one aston 1.05 CAMs ... and I am only able to see Free to Air. In the meantime the major italian provider has switched to SECA2 so even if I get hold of a 1.3 card I won't be able to see the channels ....

Mattia