[linux-dvb] Re: opensky

Freitag, 18. Oktober 2002 at 14:36 maroi wrote:

> my prob with unresolved symbols is still unfixed but maybe a new src from kernel.org, and not from my lin distribution will help, but is it possible to run opensky on latest 0.9.X drivers (or
> latest cvs) ?
> what will replace dvbd in that drivers ?

It should shurely be possible to use Opensky with 0.9.x drivers.
Although I'm not using Opensky for myself, I don't see any
implications, why this service should not work while all others
(Satspeed, Netsystem, EOL, T-DSLviaSat) do.

dvbd is replaced for the newer drivers by e.g. dvbtune. You use dvbtune
to tune your dish to the desired frequency and bring up the network
interface with the "-n <network-pid>" switch. You should have received
all neccessary informations from Opensky.
Once you tuned your dvb-card to the right frequency and brought up the
network interface (which now is called dvb0_0) you can configure this
device with ifconfig. Assign it an IP- and MAC-Address and you're ready
to go.
Fill in the requested proxy-settings in your browser and enjoy (I hope
;-). At least, this is how it's done with T-DSLviaSat (in short words).

--
Best regards
Wolfgang Wershofen                            mailto:wolfgang@wershofen.com