[linux-dvb] CPU usage

Hi,

Got a very solidly working VDR 1.1.13 with 2 DVB-C's and time-shifting (record
2 channels on different transponders and view a recording - except for the
occasional ARM crash :-)

However, CPU usage for system (which I guess would be the DVB drivers) ranges
from 10-30% on an 800 MHz Duron during transfer mode (VDR usage is 3-6%).
When all recordings are stopped, it drops to near zero again.

Is there such a thing as a gprof for kernel modules, or (more likely :) does
anyone where so much time is spent and if there is a way to improve upon
this?

I was hoping a measly Pentium 133 would be able to make a nice VDR, but with
this kind of CPU usage it will not work :(

Best regards,
Dennis