[linux-dvb] Re: Nova-T, UK and QAM16 (was Re: uk channels)

> > Crystal Palace (and maybe elsewhere in UK) just switched over to FEC_3_4
> > and QAM16 last night. Now get SNR 57568 error rate 66, which is much
> > better, but it interrupted my recording of BBC2 last night and confused
> > me no end this morning when I thought the whole thing had broken...
>
> As a side effect of this, I am now unable to get my Nova-T to work  :(
>
> A quick overview:
>

> Debian unstable, dvb-driver 0.9.4.20020803, kernel 2.4.19.  Worked with this
> version on my Nova-T, so I know that everything should be fine.
> Although, I could only get the QAM64 channels to work.
>
> Since they changed the transmissions to QAM16, I thought that I would change
> the driver to use the newest one from CVS, but I am now unable to get this
> to work  :(
>
> The driver compiles and installs and seems ok, showing the following in the
> syslog:
>
> dvb_register_adapter: registering new adapter (TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T  PCI).
> saa7146_core.o: : bus:1, rev:1, mem:0xe1c7c000.
> dvb_frontend_init: initialising frontend 0:0 (Grundig 29504-401)...
>

> This all seems fine, and I have made the new device nodes with makedev.napi.
>
> Checking the newest version of dvbtune out of CVS and attempting to run the
> scan_uk-t.sh script gives no channels, and the following output:
>
> Using DVB card "Grundig 29504-401"
> tuning DVB-T (in United Kingdom) to 505833333 Hz
> polling....
> Getting frontend event
> FE_GET_EVENT: Value too large for defined data type
> Using DVB card "Grundig 29504-401"
> tuning DVB-T (in United Kingdom) to 481833333 Hz
> polling....
> Getting frontend event
> FE_STATUS:
> polling....
> Getting frontend event
> FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL
> polling....
> Getting frontend event
> FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_CARRIER
> polling....
> Getting frontend event
> FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_TIMEDOUT FE_HAS_CARRIER
> Not able to lock to the signal on the given frequency

looks like maybe not all the apps have been updated to newstruct. Does
dvbstream output anything if you ask it for say pid 8192 (whole ts stream)
when tuned to BBC (mux 1)?

These errors look like what you get with version mixup (are you sure you
compiled with the right headers?)

Justin