[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge Nova-T and dual Athlon MP

> All right Justin!
>
> Two questions/snags for the moment:
>
> *
> Is there a simple way to extract an MPEG stream and view locally without
> having to multicast it? (tzap appears to work sweetly). Was tinkering
> with idea of something out of the mpegtools and mplayer...

yes. dvbstream has a -o option that sends to standard out, so you can pipe
it into mplayer for example.

> *
> I've installed the latest CVS DVB modules, but none of the 3rd party
> referred to tools (specifically dvbstream and dvbtune) will compile
> against.  sec.h seems to be a consistent ommision, does anyone else know
> what's going on there?

Havent tried in the last few days, probably will be fixed shortly. I will
try soon.

> *
> Are all the modules that come part of the DVB distribution required for
> Hauppauge DVB-T operation?  I'm slightly perturbed by the kernel process
> "kdvb-fe" possibly reducing the responsiveness of my "gEyes" :o\

dont worry, its not much time. My machine has been recording for a few days
running now and kdvb-fe has used 35:48 min of cpu time, as against 191:17 m
for the program to read the transport stream, 185:20m for the buffer, and
2688:21 m for the tcp server. Since Thursday or so. (I have now
recorded 187GB of the all the BBC channels to exercise my disks). SO the
kernel process is not very significant

> *
> And I clearly can't count :o(
>

> TIA,
> 	'tish.
>
> Ps
> *
> I hadn't realised that the Eden boards were out, nice application of one ;o)

they are nice, and very cheap. www.linitx.com has cheap ones in the uk

Justin