[linux-dvb] Summary (to Holger :-)

Hi,

Here is a summary of some of the discussion that went on over the weekend,
things that I'm curious about :)

* What is the difference in practice between zigzagging frequencies and having
the frequecy_bend code? If I disable the frequency bend, in the case of dual
tuners tuning to the same transponder, doesn't the zigzag already introduce a
bend? Don't these functions overlap? Disabling frequency bending improves the
tuning speed for me (for HEAD).

* Since the zigzagging in the recovery thread is to compensate for LNB drift,
is it really useful for DVB-C applications? (Not sure about DVB-T). I doubt
the frequency drifts at all, and once you have figured out the *exact*
frequency (maybe with the help of the dvbsak library and scanner utility)
wouldn't that always just work? Wouldn't it be faster to be really persistant
about locking to a certain frequency rather than hopping around looking for
an alternative? (admittedly, in REL-0-9-2 this was not an issue at all).

* Where is the timeout specified for deciding wether or not there is a lock
and before trying a different frequency? I can see many (inserted) printk's
"trying freq xxxxx Hz", "trying freq yyyyy Hz" log messages, many times
without locking, and then suddently it will lock on freq xxxx which has
already been tried a dozen times before without success.

I am sure there was more but this is all I can remember right now :-)

Cheers,
Dennis