[linux-dvb] Re: Nova-T is being dicky.

On Monday 21 October 2002 15:10, Gavin Hamill wrote:
> Further to this, I've used the CVS from this morning since a one-line fix
> was applied.. I'm getting further this time since I can often get the XML
> channel list from dvbtune....
>
> VDR 1.1.13 itself will now let me tune to BBC1 and BBC NEWS 24 but not
> either of BBC TWO or CBBC! :// Very very strange...
>
> I still can't pick up any other muxes (is the second BBC mux actually
> broadcasting anything?) but that's more due to the small aerial I'm
> using...
>
> Anyway, how does VDR deal with QAM and FEC since there's no mention of it
> in channels.conf?

The latest VDR deals with it in channels.conf, but the earlier ones don't. So
it will not switch QAM's in 1.0.4 unless you patch it in yourself, but the
latest VDR's have a channels.conf field where you can specify all these
things.

I'd recommend working with dvbtune first though to see if you can at all tune
to all the muxes. (btw, dvbtune probably still defaults to a few settings
which should be read from the commandline, check tune.c :)

Dennis