[linux-dvb] Re: US Problem

> Does anyone know of a provider in the US that I could get DVB and/or VDR
> to work with?  I know that DirecTV and Dish Network have the decoding in
> their set-top-boxes, and are probably in no hurry to pass that info out.
> Does anyone know of a way to get it to work with DirecTV or Dish
> Network?  Or even an alternative would suffice.

Does it have to be a provider (ie. pay service)?  There are _PLENTY_ of FTA
MPEG-2/DVB signals available in North America that one can receive with a
DVB PCI card.

DirecTV is not MPEG-2/DVB compliant, so it cannot be received by a DVB card
anyway and DISH Network will not authorize anything but their own
receivers/cards.

I have lots of North America-specific information on my website DVBWAVE.COM
(http://dvbwave.com).

Hope this helps,

Mike.