[linux-dvb] Which version to use!?

Hi all,

Please excuse this "lame" question, but what branch of CVS should I be
using?!

I have a Nova-T card which at the moment I am using with a recent CVS grab
of the NEWSTRUCT driver with fairly good results. I live a few miles from
the Crystal Palace transmitter in S.E England and now find myself in a
position where I do not seem to be able to receive BBC1/2....

I know BBC have been dishing out warnings of "retunes" but since I
primarily use the DVB card for Channel4, and I am very keen to have it
working on Thursday nights for a program I regularly miss, I have let
things rest for a few weeks.

I'm wondering if someone could help with my confusion.

When I first started, I used the DVB tar.gz downloadable from the
linuxtv.org site. This worked intermittently, usually leaving my machine
hardhung at the point I tried to view a channel. Eventually someone
suggested the NEWSTRUCT branch, which worked slightly better, though
hardhangs were still common. I would have to power off the machine, boot
up, install the driver, try to stream.. if it crashes go to step one, else
it'd be fine for a long time.

Now I'm running a 3 week old CVS copy of NEWSTRUCT and its working well..

but what should I be running now?

I have heard mention of the HEAD branch. The last time I tried to download
this (just prior to installing the last NEWSTRUCT branch grab) it simply
would not compile. Foolishly I did not make not of where and returned to
using NEWSTRUCT

I would now like to access the BBC channels again so what branch would
people suggest? I only ever use dvbstream to watch channels, and
occasionally use dvbtune to monitor signal rates/error rates.

What are the differences between the default, HEAD and NEWSTRUCT branches
in CVS? Is everyone working on just one these days or is there still
concurrent development underway?

Finally, does anyone (and I will go and trawl the list again to try to
find answers myself) have any information on how to receive the new format
channel.. Ideally a dvbstream command line and better still a method for
"locating" these channels. I'm guessing it is a requirement to know the
frequencies used by the transmitter so the pid's can be retrieved. Does
dvbtune assist with determining the format?

Are there any URLs people would recommend looking at for an overview of
how everything is progressing. Imagining myself being new to this list
would be nightmarish. Downloading the DVB driver from the linux tv site
would be quite bad now, though possibly not 6 months ago. Am I right in
thinking the only documentation is this mailinglist?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Chris