[linux-dvb] Re: Which version to use!?

> Finally, does anyone (and I will go and trawl the list again to try to
> find answers myself) have any information on how to receive the new format
> channel.. Ideally a dvbstream command line and better still a method for
> "locating" these channels. I'm guessing it is a requirement to know the
> frequencies used by the transmitter so the pid's can be retrieved. Does
> dvbtune assist with determining the format?

Hi,

Look on the list for an announcement for libdvbsak, made by Finnish fellow
Juha (hard to remember last name :-)

It compiles against the latest CVS checkout (which is HEAD, which is what used
to be NEWSTRUCT), it includes a dvbscan utility, you give it a frequency
range and it will scan it for you, listing what it finds.

Here at least they send all the information about where to find all DVB stuff
in every mux. I.e. if I scan frequency X, it will also list all the other
official freqencies. It also prints out all the PID's available on that mux.

Have a play with it :-)
Dennis