[linux-dvb] Re: tuning on Nova-T card

> get this error sometimes. Other times I get a channel listing, but it
varies
> from try to try, and sometimes I just get 'nothing to read from...'

Yep, I get this if the signal isn't strong enough.. generally the Verror has
to be lower than 40,000 before I'll be able to use "dvbtune -i"

> It's a similar story when I try to use dvbstream. Tuning to BBC1 I don't
get
> any data unless I use both the -qam 16 and -cr 3_4 flags. These cause the

Yup, you have to specify these now - it'll lock on perfectly without them,
but you won't get any streams...

> reported error rate to go from about 200 to about 30000 but at least
result
> in some data being produced -- there is none otherwise. And the picture
looks
> OK!

Perhaps when you're using the right settings, it is seeing the signal as it
really is? (with lots of errors)

> So...looks like I will have to write a hack to convert the tuning data
from
> running it under Windows (which puts it in .xls format, and somehow seems
> manage without the frequency offsets)

I'm guessing it tries no offset then +167 and then -167, and just sees which
works the best :/

gdh