[linux-dvb] Re: Poll: backport of 2.5 internal API changes?

Holger Waechtler wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> now where the public DVB API looks clean in the Linux CodingStyle sense
> we applied a lot of cleanups and coding style related changes to the DVB
> Core API in the 2.5 source tree.
>
> Since people start to port their drivers to the current API we have to
> think about if we apply the same changes to the 2.4 driver (CVS HEAD)
> right now and very soon or if we postpone them until 2.5 gets stable.
>
> All visible internal API changes are simple renamings again, I attached
> a list off all changes since NEWSTRUCT.
>
> Please let us know if you want to get these changes applied to CVS HEAD
> right now or later.

Since I won't be switching to a 2.5 kernel any time soon, VDR development
will be based on whatever the CVS HEAD version provides and which works with
kernel 2.4.10.

So, if it's nothing more than naming stuff, I'd vote for having the changes
done now, so even if I myself continue developing on kernel 2.4.10, people
who want to use kernel 2.5 could work with the same VDR version.

Klaus