[linux-dvb] Re: Questions about licence

On Friday 25 October 2002 09:13, Thomas Kesselheim wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > Just one word. GPL. Do your homework if you don't understand what that
> > means ;)
>
> Surely? Everytime I load the kernel modules I get a message that this will
> taint my kernel because some modules are not GPL.

Thats that the copyright in the binary modules not beeing specified. Newer
driver versions have that fixed. The source files itself all carry the GPL
notice and it's even in the head of the top README.

You must a quite old version of the driver that you get the kernel taint
message. The oldest version if have arround is 20011217 and it already has
'MODULE_LICENSE("GPL");' all over the place (or maybe it's a patched
version).

Andreas