[linux-dvb] a little off topic; post processing?

Hi guys!
	Got my Nova DVB-T working truly sweetly now -- watching "Bill and Ted"
(on time delay so I can fast forward through the ads) on one channel
while recording another channel on this transponder :oD

	Since I've noticed that a number of other people make recordings of TV
programmes was looking for some post processing recommendations, frame
cropping, splice, snip and recompression.  Currently I'm playing with
transcoder but wondering what other people were using.

TIA,
	'tish.