[linux-dvb] AW: Re: [POLL] kdvb-fe, tune at initialisation, power management

Hi,

>Yes, the thread will run in this case too, because it has to check the
>frontend status and to generate the frontend events when the device is
>open. Don't open the frontend device if you don't need it.
>
>(don't tell me that frontend events are evil and cause troubles
>everywhere - I know this. Unfortunally our middleware developers tried
>to kill me when I told them that I want to remove them;)

Alright. But maybe we should add an interface for the frontends to
notify the api about status changes. I've not checked the ves* fe's but
our Atmel and TDA fe's are able to trigger an irq as soon as a state
change happens. As far as i've understand the api, there is no way to
make use of this capability.

Regards,
   Florian