[linux-dvb] DVB-C and antennae cable connections

	Hi you all,

	This week-end I noticed something strange on my DVB-C card: if the
DVB-C card is directly connected to the wall antennae cable, then I get
the best digital signal quality. Normal...

	But then, if I use the antennae output of my DVB-C card to feed my VCR
or TV in the old analog fashion (the only way for me to see VoX or
Kabel1 with Cable-TV, I can't install a Sat dish, thanks Saga), I get a
good analog signal if the PC is on, but a very noisy one if the PC is
off!!!!

	I would expect the contrary: noisy analog signal when the PC is on,
but no. Do you have the same problems??

	This is the configuration I have at home:

	* 1 PC with a DVB-C card from Hauppauge
	* 1 Tape-VCR with one SCART plug
	* 1 TV with many SCARTs in the living-room
	* 1 TV in the bedroom fed by an antennae cable (only one hole in the
wall, I would like to avoid making some other ones)
	* 1 audio-amplifier, hifi components, etc...

	Now I plugged everything without using the output of the DVB card. Of
course, the connection between the wall and the PC is not direct any
more. And then another strange thing: only some frequencies are bad,
other ones are OK. If I unplug the cable feeding the TV in the bedroom,
that goes through the VCR, then the digital signal is better, but not
but not as good as with the direct connection. Surely some reflections,
but I find it incredible that these reflections go back through the VCR
to affect the DVB-C card!

	And this is my problem for now: how can I connect the things together
and keep acceptable analog and digital signals?? Should I buy better,
maybe active antennae distributors (T-Verteiler), where the reflections
are minimized by configurable resistors?? Does it exist?

		Thanks for your help, and sorry if this is somehow off-topic.

			Ben

Benjamin Forgeau                 Raum 3032, Denickestr 17, 21073 Hamburg
FSP 4-06 Kommunikationsnetze     Tel. +4940 42878 3485   Fax 42878 2941
TU Hamburg-Harburg               mailto:forgeau@tu-harburg.de
21071 Hamburg, Germany           http://www.tu-harburg.de/et6