[linux-dvb] Fw: DVB audio/video decoder API

> I'd like to invite everybody to review the audio/video decoder and demux
> API. We'll freeze everything soon and want to make a release again, so
> please stand up and make your suggestions now if you think that things
> should get changed/cleaned up.
Hi.

first word: sorry, i don't know the exact state of the CURRENT api . so if
there's something already implemented, just ignore it.

 - payload type for normal demux. for example, allow (instead of only PES)
raw TS without using DVR.
 - "receive buffer size". not the DMX_SET_BUFFER-thing (so not the
ringbuffer size), but instead (on hardware layer) the interrupt frequency.
for example:
on hi-datarate services, specify a high number. the user will geht few but
big packages of data. on lo-datarate services (maybe someone likes to stream
the TOT in a TS, not using sections) specify 0 for "on every ts packet".

the problem otherwise is that either you have a very high cpu load on
hi-datarate channels (for example when streaming video), or get data only
after several packets already arrived.

should be specified with each stream of data.

wow, i'm pretty bad at explaining something atm, sorry for that. i'm tired.

what i mean, in another way: the amount of data that is given to the user at
once, i.e. the amount of data which has to be available until the fd is
ready for being read (in a poll()-sense). the minimum amount of data which
is returned when doing a big read.

just a question: is there a well-documented, strict specified way of the
order while doing zapping? for example, WHEN to i have to issue which
VIDEO_* command, when do i have to enable the pidfilters and so on.

bye,
felix domke