[linux-dvb] Re: PROC_FS patch and other stuff

On Thursday 31 October 2002 13:03, Florian Schirmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I have made a patch to add procfs support to the DVB HEAD drivers, which
> > gives you something like:
>
> GREAT! You can send the patch to me if you want. Or provide it on a
> downloadable place somewhere.

Downloadable place is difficult, otherwise I would have done it :-)) I'll see
what I can find! I'll email it to you privately.

> I've a little suggestion: can you please move all FE internal stuff into a
> subdir (registers or internal or what ever)? Maybe we should also create
> QAM/OFDM/QPSK subdirs too?

Sure, this patch is just for me to be able to hotswap low-level register
values for the ves1820 mostly, but I'd be very happy if an "official" policy
is created about naming and layouts, and I'll continue adding everything to
the proc fs. My only problem will be that most of the things I'd like to add
probably don't belong in the kernel :-))

Cheers,
Dennis