[linux-dvb] Re: PROC_FS patch and other stuff

Hi,

On Thursday 31 October 2002 13:30, Dennis Noordsij wrote:
> > What about a writeable complete register dump for each dvb_i2c device?
> > Then you don't have to reimplement this for every new frontend driver.

This is already availible trough the i2c interface. At least the kernel i2c
interface ;-)

> Sounds interesting. But right now I don't need to change any registers on
> the device directly, but rather specify that when new frontend parameters
> are set, register values XXX are used to program the frontend demodulator.
> I.e. the register values used by the driver need to be modified, so that
> the driver will use the new values instead of the default (as opposed to
> changing a register value, then having the driver write the default one
> again in the next frontend change).

Please create a patch which will contain the core parts. (All values which
dont depend on a particular hardware). For the VES1820 parts please provide
an additional patch. Thanks!

Regards,
   Florian