[linux-dvb] Re: mpegtools: ts2ps and AC3

Hi Marcus,

Marcus Metzler wrote:
> Mark Lehrer writes:
>  >
>  > Hello there.  I am playing with an ATSC transport stream (1280x720 fps
>  > w/AC3 sound); trying to convert it into a presentation stream for
>  > further processing with transcode.
>  >
>  > I am having some trouble with the sound - transcode does not seem to
>  > recognize the sound that was apparently written to the presentation
>  > stream by ts2ps.  The sound is stored in a PRIVATE_STREAM1, which
>  > appears to be handled by the write_ipack routines.
>  >
>  > I've been looking through the code for a little while here, and the
>  > only suspicious thing that jumps out at me is that ps_pes() does not
>  > have a handler for the PRIVATE_STREAM1 type; only the AUDIO_STREAM_*
>  > and VIDEO_STREAM_* types.
>  >
>  > I also noticed that the program never calls get_ac3info due to large
>  > values for ac3_off; but I'm not sure if this is a big issue.
>  >
>  > I am relatively new to MPEG - could someone give me a hint of what
>  > to do to make the AC3 sound be acceptable for transcode?  I can
>  > provide sample streams if that will help.
>  >
>  > Thanks!
>  > Mark
>
> Try the dvb-mpegtools at http://www.metzlerbros.de/mbros/dvb/.

what do you think, should we remove the mpegtools from the LinuxTV CVS
and add a link to the Metzlerbros CVS?

Or do you want us to keep the mpegtools in LinuxTV CVS? Then it would be
good if you update the source tree from time to time or use it exclusively.

Holger