[linux-dvb] Re: Announcement: new saa7146 driver core for the av7110 dvb driver

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 06:08:50PM +0100, Michael Hunold wrote:
> Hello Johannes,
>
> >My xawtv is a binary package from Debian unstable. Must I recompile with
> >the new videodev.h for grabdisplay to work?
>
> No. "xawtv" comes with it's own set of videodev.h, videodev2.h (old -
> pre-2.5.x-version) and videodev2.h (2.5.x version) header files and has
> modules for all three apis out there. So it should work.

OK.

One other thing I noticed: The new I2C driver causes a higher system
load, most visible when you pull out the SAT cable and let the kdvb-fe
thread do its zig-zag scanning work. In theory the approach with
schedule() should perform better than the old mdelay() stuff,
but it seems it doesn't. Maybe not enough to worry about, but maybe
we could use one of the saa's register sequencers for I2C timing?

Regards,
Johannes