[linux-dvb] Re: Lots of unresolved symbols with new CVS driver(Re: Re: Announcement: new saa7146 driver core for the av7110 dvb driver)

Hello John,

 > This
> part works, although there are a few warnings about an unused variable 'dev'
> in saa7146*.

You are getting close. The "warning" is just a warning -- the code
should stay in as long as I have to debug low level stuff. Nothing
serious...

> The make install also gives no errors.

> Inserting av7110 modules into kernelmodprobe: Can't locate module input

The av7110 driver depends on "input", which can be build as a module or
built in the kernel. This error can be ignored, obviously it's included
in your kernel statically.

> /lib/modules/2.4.20/misc/saa7146.o: unresolved symbol videobuf_queue_cancel

Hmm, these belong to the module "video-buf.o". Please send me the output
of a "make clean && ./getlinks && make install" -- does "video-buf.o"
get built at all?

CU
Michael.