[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-S into Budget modification

Hi Emard and all,

At 13:09 25/12/2002 +0100, Emard wrote:

>About the kernel crash
>in hardware modification - did you try to build kernel
>without APM support, or build APM as module and don't
>insert it during the DVB card operation, but just before
>the shutdown of the machine

Sorry by the delay, as I've wanted to had a look at my configuration.
I already had disabled both Power Management modes (APM & ACPI); other
times and for this Kermel panics has been commented about Simetric Multi
Processor support (not activated) or preempt/lowlatency patches (my 2.4.18
kernel sources are "out of the box", from kernel.org).

>It helped for me (at least it reduced frequency of crashes).

Thanks by the tip anyway!; on my case, its frequency only allow to run
VDR (TV mode) for 1 or 2 seconds, ever :-(.

>I haven't tried your card modification but I might be interested
>to do it.

I encourage you to trie it :-) ; I hope that someday someone can find
the cure!.

Best regards:
--
Roberto Deza Asensio