[linux-dvb] Re: Help please, can't compile dvb drivers.

Florian Siberchicot wrote:
Hi,
first of all, I've tried many things before asking help.
I'm trying to set up a PC with Abit KT7A motherboard,
Athlon 1.3Ghz proc, 64Mo of RAM, and a Hauppauge DVB-s
(before they call it Nexus), and a quite old 2D graphics card,
and an also quite old HDD.
I use slackware 9.0, which fits 1CD and contains all I need.
I had to compile the kernel and install it, as modules loading
was not enabled.
There I have a question. When I do make dep, then make clean, then make bzImage,
do I have to check the whole log file, or is it sure that it's clean if
it ends whithout error
Indeed, I always make a log file of the output. In this case, 3 steps
ended whithout error, but looking at the make dep log file
revealed various messages like:
au1000gpio.c:41 : asm/au1000.h: No such file or directory
Not that many, and not always with the same file, but always
with the asm directory in the path of the missing file.
I'm telling this as it could be a cause of my problem.
But still, the kernel compiles, I can install it, and it looks to run fine.
I also install modules.
Then comes the drivers compilation.
I tried with an up-to-date version, and also with the
Linux DVB driver release 1.0.0-pre2. Both without success.
I unpack it, and go into DVB/driver.
Make finishes correctly but I could read various Warnings, that always
deal with compat.h on line 37 or 62.
For example:
../compat.h: 37: 'video_usercopy' redefined
../compat.h: 62: 'video_devdata' redefined
does your /usr/src/linux/ link points to the source of your running kernel?

But then, I can't pass the make insmod.
When it comes to the sync section, I get many errors:
dvb_core.o: unresolved symbol alloc_skb and many others similar bad news
(with files alps_bsrv2.o, alps_tdmb7.o, alps_tflb7.o and others).
Ask me more details if necessary.
I really don't know what to do, so if you have any idea...
Ensure that your kernel includes and your config in /usr/src/linux match your running kernel and don't use esoteric or proprietary kernel patches from your distributor unless you know what they're doing.

Holger