[linux-dvb] Re: Problem MAKEing DVB Driver on RH9

Holden McGroin wrote:
Hi!

Thanks for your help.

1.) Don't change kernel-location but create a link "linux" on linux-2.4.20-8, DVB-driver Make should autodetect path.

3.) Copy the config-file from /boot into kernel-sources as ".config", run a "make menuconfig" and make dep.

5.) Try to compile DVB-driver.

OK, i've done 1,3 and 5.

2.) Check, that kernel-sources and binaries are the same and complete

4.) Check you use the same compiler and version kernel was compiled with.

2 and 4 I don't know how to do but given that i'm using a fresh install of RedHat, i'd assume that they're both true. I certainly haven't updated the compiler or kernel sources since I installed Red Hat if that helps.
RedHat uses heavily patched kernels without a clean versioning scheme. If you're still in troubles then you might try to fetch a fresh kernel source tarball from http://www.kernel.org/.

All other steps are the same as above.

Holger