[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with TechnoTrend dec2000-t USB

Alex Woods writes:
 > It's quite possible that the bug only exhibits itself on OHCI.
 >
 > Thanks for the ksymoops output.  It gives me somewhere to start although I
 > can't see why it would run into problems in that section of code.  It doesn't
 > appear to be in the completion handler at all, but rather it is happening on
 > trying to send a bulk message when setting the channel pids.  I'm afraid it's
 > something I'm going to have to research further.

From the descriptions it looks like it is exactly the same problem
which occured with the AV7110 cards and networking. I described a
few months ago on this list why this problem occurs. I am not
surprised that it also happens with the USB adapters, especially
in something like the usb_start_wait_urb() function. It even can
occur (but very seldomly) with the Nova kind of cards (down() can
sleep!). I also described how to work around the problem and
this fix seems to work fine so far. I have not tried this with
any USB interfaces though.

Ralph