[linux-dvb] Re: New firmware with more video buffer

Gregor Lawatscheck wrote:
> At 13:10 02/06/2003, you wrote:
> >Works great! I tested all recordings which did not play with the old
> >firmware. No problems with teletext re-insertion and OSD until now.
>
> It works great to decode the channels in question in the UK, but the
> decoder still deadlocks after a couple of hours.

I haven't had a single arm crash for weeks. All arm crash problems
disappeared when the OSD was fixed in March.

> I don't think it's
> the size video buffer on its own. What else could have changed,
> especially on 30th August 2002 in the firmware concerning buffer
> handling which appears to make it lock up in continuous replay /
> transfer mode?

Around this date the time-shifting-with-one-card firmware appeared for
the first time. For details see
http://linuxtv.org/mailinglists/linux-dvb/2002/09-2002/msg00011.html
and http://www.linuxdvb.tv/download/ChangeLog
I guess there were lots of changes in the firmware at this date...

Oliver