[linux-dvb] Re: OSD color palette

Marc Rovira Vall wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know if there is any limitation on the osd color palette.
> I know VDR just can use 16 palette deep colors and I'd like to know if it
> is a limitation of the linuxtv driver, an specific DVB card limitation or
> it is an specific VDR implementation.

Basically the DVB card can handle up to 256 colors (8bpp), but since that
would be a pretty small OSD window VDR doesn't use that mode.
My guess would be that it should be possible to create a 256 color OSD
from within VDR, but you would have to take care that the OSD width and
height is small enough (haven't tested that, though).

Klaus