[linux-dvb] Re: Support for DVB-C analog module

Michael Hunold wrote:
Hi,
Hi Michael,
I just commited basic support for the analog-module of the DVB-C
to the "dvb-kernel" CVS tree.
it works for me. At least it seems so. Linux 2.5 is not working for me very well (no ethernet, no sound, no ...)
Do you see a chance to port the stuff to 2.4. I looked into it and it the drivers are _really_ different (v4l/v4l2 ?)
Some stuff does not work:
- analog audio does not work. does the msp3400 need to be reprogrammed?
As I said above, I don't have sound at all under 2.5, so I can't comment on this.
- one field is "missing", so the picture is very bad and
capturing does not work neither. this needs to be investigated by
looking at the programming the windows driver uses for the saa7146
The picture looks quite well now. But I can't tune to all channels I have. Only abount half of them are visible.

Anyway: if you have a DVB-C with an analog module, you can go ahead test it. Patches are always welcome. 8-)
Anyway. Great work.

Regards

Dominik