[linux-dvb] Re: DVB/drivers/Makefile - de-hardcode `make install` target (patch)

Guido Draheim wrote:

> Johannes Stezenbach schrieb:
> >>some `make install DVB_MOD_SUBDIR=kernel/3rdparty/mod_dvb` or
> >>similar.
> >
> >Thanks, comitted (with small changes).
>                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> - which looks rather suspicious to my eyes, usually it shouldn't be
>   $(DESTDIR)/$(DVB_MOD_DIR) with some DVB_MOD_DIR = lib/modules/....
>   even though it works. The *_DIR should be the rooted path and
>   DESTDIR is usually empty anyway.

I tested it and it worked the way I expected. If it doesn't work
for you, please let me know.

> - what about those /lib/DVB/ files? They are obsolete?
>   They are removed now from `make install`, well, actually I just
>   don't know what they've been about anyway, so it was a bug to
>   install them up to the last change?

firmware is converted into av7110_firm.h and compiled in. In the future
this will change (in the dvb-kernel tree), and we will use the hotplug
manager for loading the firmware, like it was suggested on lkml.

Johannes