[linux-dvb] Re: DVB/drivers/Makefile - de-hardcode `make install`target (patch)

Johannes Stezenbach schrieb:
Guido Draheim wrote:

Johannes Stezenbach schrieb:

some `make install DVB_MOD_SUBDIR=kernel/3rdparty/mod_dvb` or
similar.
Thanks, comitted (with small changes).
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
- which looks rather suspicious to my eyes, usually it shouldn't be
 $(DESTDIR)/$(DVB_MOD_DIR) with some DVB_MOD_DIR = lib/modules/....
 even though it works. The *_DIR should be the rooted path and
 DESTDIR is usually empty anyway.

I tested it and it worked the way I expected. If it doesn't work
for you, please let me know.
It works, it's just unusual to work it out this way. Using an
absolute path is much more common here, usually it stands as
KERNEL_LOCATION = /lib/modules and (cd $(KERNEL_LOCATION)...)
instead of
KERNEL_LOCATION = lib/modules and (cd /$(KERNEL_LOCATION)...)
And btw, it's not quite unusual to use autocompletion as in
make VAR=/lib/<tab><tab> as well here, which is a bit more
straight with using an absolute path on the variable as well
in the original code.

in all other respects, it's a matter of taste, and that can
be argued about looooooong ;-) and inconclusive...

have fun,
-- guido                                  http://google.de/search?q=guidod
GCS/E/S/P C++/++++$ ULHS L++w- N++@ d(+-) s+a- r+@>+++ y++ 5++X- (geekcode)