From: "Robert Schlabbach" <robert_s@gmx.net>
To: "Paolo Casagranda" <pcasagranda@hotmail.com>,<linux-dvb@linuxtv.org>
CC: <mocm@metzlerbros.de>
Subject: Re: [linux-dvb] Add Vendor ID/Device ID for TechnoTrend DVB-T Card
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 15:30:00 +0200

Paolo,

I think you have a _defective_ card. These IDs are INVALID. They come from
the EEPROM on the card. I'd say the contents of the EEPROM is either
corrupted, or maybe the EEPROM is completely damaged. Incidentally, 0xA0 is
the I2C address of this EEPROM, so the result you are getting may be due to
the EEPROM not responding or maybe not even existing. You should expect the
card physically, is the EEPROM maybe not equipped?

You should try getting a new card, or this one replaced.

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s@gmx.net