[linux-dvb] Re: Add Vendor ID/Device ID for TechnoTrend DVB-T Card

From: "Paolo Casagranda" <pcasagranda@hotmail.com>
> I hope this is not the case. I have 4 cards, all of them with the
> same Vendor ID/Device ID, and (until now) they worked well with this
> small change in the driver. The Cards work well under Windows 2000 too.

The EEPROM also contains the PCI configuration for the SAA7146A, so if it
defective, the SAA7146A would also use "random" PCI configuration settings.

Can you dump the entire EEPROM contents with the Linux driver? The EEPROM
is typically 16 kbits = 2048 bytes, although only the first page (256
bytes) are actually used. On a "healthy" card, the EEPROM contents starts
with:

0xXX 0xXX  0x13 0xC2  0x26 0x0F  0xFF 0xFF 0xFF 0xFF...
Card ID    Vendor=TT  PCI Confg  unused EEPROM space

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s@gmx.net