[linux-dvb] Re: hw_sections=0 causes disrupted recordings

Am Mon, 2003-06-09 um 23.39 schrieb Oliver Endriss:
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > > Apparently the recent change in av7110.c to have hw_sections=0 by
> > > default causes heavily disrupted recordings.
> > >
> > > I suggest setting the default back to '1', which used to work fine
> > > all the time. This will save us from lots of inquiries from users
> > > who use the driver with the default settings.
> >

> Hm, I'm using hw_sections=0 for a long time without any problems (single
> DVB-S 2.1). Maybe this problem occurres with multi-card setups only?
>
> With hw_sections=1 I sometimes get an almost unreadable OSD
> (wrong/transparent colors) after heavy zapping.

Same here ...
with hw_sections=0 i can record perfectly and the OSD stays on screen.
If i run with hw_sections=1 than the OSD becomes transparent after a
little bit of zapping through the channels.

I have a single DVB-s 1.3 in my system.

cu,
Oliver