[linux-dvb] Re: Add Vendor ID/Device ID for TechnoTrend DVB-T Card

[I'll CC this to the mailing list list]

From: "Paolo Casagranda" <pcasagranda@hotmail.com>
> the Windows 2000 Registry Dump has the following output
> (hope it means something for you):

[snip, snip]
\Enum\PCI\VEN_1131&DEV_7146&SUBSYS_000113C2&REV_01
                                   ^^^^^^^^

There you go - PCI subvendor ID 0x13C2 (=TechnoTrend), PCI subdevice ID
0x0001 (=TechnoTrend TT-PCline premium DVB-T). These IDs are known and
should be supported by the driver.

There is apparently some problem with Linux, which makes the SAA7146A not
properly read the PCI data from EEPROM upon reset. I don't know why this is
happening. This might not even be a LinuxDVB problem, but rather a problem
with the PCI driver in your kernel(?). I'm not a Linux user, so I can't
tell exactly where the error might be occurring.

Anyway, the point is: The card is fine, and is supported. There is no need
to add the bogus vendor/device ID you are getting. Instead, you should find
a way to fix the IDs being read erroneously. As you can see, Windows 2000
manages to do that, and so should Linux...

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s@gmx.net