[linux-dvb] Re: CPU Usage of kdvb-fe

Am Die, 2003-06-10 um 13.54 schrieb Holger Waechtler:
> Dariush Forouher wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > with the latest DVB driver package from Klaus Schmidinger the
> > kdvb-fe-1:0 process (Nova-S as secondary behind a DVB-S 1.3) takes
> > sometimes a lot of CPU usage while running VDR. Top shows a value of
> > 30-40% on a P4-2GHz. As this is obviosly unnormal I hope somebody has a
> > clue what's going on here.
>
> adjust your antenna and check your cable installation. With a clean
> signal the thread should need almost no CPU time.

I don't think that the signal is so bad that it causes this. Even while
hard raining there had been only few glitches while watching, if any at
all. Unfortunatly I have no tool installed that could show me the exact
signal strength values, but if you point me to one I'll try it.

At least on my machine this process does affect other programs. If I
transcode video, mplayer processes take regulary more than 90% CPU time.
Even then kdvb-fe runs up to 30% which must be taken away from other
processes.

BTW: What's the reason for these spikes anyway?

ciao
Dariush
--
PGP Fingerprint: 0x886C99A1