[linux-dvb] ann: dvb-modules-1.0.0-pre3.1mdk.i586.rpm (mdk 9.1)

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=13488&release_id=164722

In order to correctly test latest dvb modules for my 2.4 kernel,
I have created some rpm packages, here's the one for linuxtv dvb
modules 1.0.0 pre3. The rpm installation features
- automatic backup of old dvb drivers of mandrake 9.1 kernel, plus
  automatic restore of these old dvb drivers when my dvb-modules rpm
  package is de-installed. (by means of rpm pre/post scripts).
- correctly setup hint files for devfs, as per /etc/devfs/* and
  the modules.conf info files. The /dev/dvb/* are now registered
  correctly, which seems not to be the case for plain mandrake 9.1
- these hints are de-installed correctly when my extra dvb-modules rpm
  packages are removed, much testing has been done on the install- and
  deinstall- scripts of the rpm packages (no guarantees of course...)
- prebuilt for kernel 2.4.21-0.13mdk, the one in mdk9.1. Actually, built
  on an updated mdk 9.0 system. (Updating just the kernel led to less
  instabilities than the complete OS update to 9.1, which I tried before).
- the source rpm packages are available as well on the download site
  at sourceforge including the minor patches needed (those patches have
  been reported to linuxtv dvb ML and they've been already applied to cvs).
  You can modify the spec file to create a snapshot rpm of the linuxtv
  dvb drivers as well that you can give around to your friends.
- the apps/szap and apps/scan utilities are installed along, ready to be
  used for tuning the dvb card. There's hardly another way to get them
  for plain mdk since the 3rdparty/mod_dvb copy of dvb modules in the
  mdk kernel-source did not list which version had been picked - but
  there's a strong dependency of the dvb-modutils on the exact version
  of the dvb-modules, AFAICS. Plus it uses the outdated ost/* api.
- an extra dvb-modules-devel package puts header files into the
  kernel-headers and kernel-source area (de-installs them when that
  extra package is removed), plus it installs extra modules.conf hints
  to enable some debug options and the non-timeout hint for the dvb tuner.

have fun,
and feel free to sent comments to me,
-- guido                                  http://google.de/search?q=guidod
GCS/E/S/P C++/++++$ ULHS L++w- N++@ d(+-) s+a- r+@>+++ y++ 5++X- (geekcode)