[linux-dvb] no sound on my Hauppauge DVB-S rev 1.3

Hi,
let me remind you my problem.
I bought a second hand DVB-S rev 1.3.
I made a few tries with DVB drivers and VDR.
I could have video but never had the sound
on the audio out.
What really worried me is that I installed it on my XP
system, with official driver, made 2 tests (watch a FTA
channel, and play a .pva file). In both cases I had video
without audio.
So I don't really know what to do now, and aware
of any advice.
I have a few questions:
_ How can I be 100% sure that there's something
wrong with the audio on that card ?
_ Is there a way to determine precisely
where is the breakdown ? (only the 3.5mm jack
or the whole audio part of the card).
_ How could the audio get broken ? (and only the audio!)
_ Someone suggested me to try the SP/DIF.
Then I guess I have to use this plan:
http://www.vdrfrance.net/index.php?action=snapshot_detail&id=10&home=no
I have a friend that could do that for me, but
can this be later unplugged of the card ? or does
this requires weldings ?
And do this really have a chance to be successful ?

thanks for your help,

Florian