[linux-dvb] running VDR

Hi everybody,

perhaps I'm too silly ;-)

I have a nice (german) tutorial (thanks to Andreas) explaining how to get VDR to run.
(http://home.t-online.de/home/hubertus.sandmann/vdr.htm)
I followed through the steps installing the driver and installing the VDR and I suppose everything works alright.
But when I start the vdr either with the "vdr" command or the "runvdr" command nothing happens. There are some processes called vdr that run but nothing happens on my screen. Should anything happen or do I have to run vdr with sepcial parameters ?
Or does it just work with a screen plugged to the TV out at the DVB card ?

Concerning my hardware :
Technotrend PCI DVB card
Test DVB-T Playout with 3 test channels
The signal is definitely there (I tested it under Windows)

Thanks for your help
Stefan