[linux-dvb] Re: Howto setup a multicast network connection?

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Alessandro De Donno wrote:

> Il giorno Fri, 13 Jun 2003 10:38:57 +0000 (GMT), in uno stato di totale
> incoscienza, Holger Kiehl <Holger.Kiehl@dwd.de> casualmente disse:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > I am new on this list and would like to know how to setup my DVB card
> > (KNC-1 and Technisat Skystar2) to receive a multicast stream from
> > HotBird6 (satellite data from Eumetsat).
>
> You can simply:
> 1) load the drivers;
> 2) add an entry in your channels.conf filelike this:
>    chan_name:freq:pol:0:sym_rate:::::
> 2) szap -n chan_name

I thought the driver did load correctly, but when szap is called it
produces the following:

./szap -n 1
zapping to 'hotbird6':
sat 0, frequency = 11096 MHz H, symbolrate 27000, vpid = 0x0000, apid = 0x0000
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
opening frontend failed: No such device

This must be a problem with the KNC1, searching the list I find this
message http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/linux-dvb/2003/01-2003/msg00149.html
that says, that the frontend does not get detected correctly. So I assume
this is still correct and the card is not supported :(

Next I will try the Technisat Skystar2 card, hope that this one does
work correctly.

Many thanks for all the help!

Holger