[linux-dvb] Re: TDA10045H Patch

Holger Waechtler wrote:

If you use tzap (DVB/apps/szap/tzap.c in the DVB/ tree, just type make in this directory and then create an appropriate channels.conf file for crystal palace - example in this directory - ) you get some more verbose output that's easier to interpret for debugging purposes. Example parameter set below.

Heh.. When I couldn't get tzap to work, I read some docs and then moved onto dvbtune.... My dvbtune is from the debian package, so maybe that's why I can't get it to work.

stimpy:/usr/src/DVB/apps/szap# !head
head -1 ~/.tzap/channels.conf
BBC ONE:505833333:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_3_4:FEC_NONE:QAM_16:TRANSMISSION_MODE_2K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32:HIERARCHY_NONE:600:601

As far as I can tell, my channels.conf should be OK... at least for "BBC ONE" anyhow.

stimpy:/usr/src/DVB/apps/szap# ./tzap "BBC ONE"
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
tuning to 505833333 Hz
ERROR: ioctl FE_SET_FRONTEND failed (Invalid argument)

When this works fine you can create your own updated channel list using the scan utility in DVB/apps/scan/.

Right now scan tells me... "dumping lists (o services)" at the end... so I guess I've still got some more work to do.

A while ago someone posted this parameter set for scan (see initial.h for more), I have no idea if these parameters are still up-to-date, check the providers website for more information:

/**
* Crystal Palace, (BBC1, ...)
*/
{
.type = FE_OFDM,
.param = {
.frequency = 505833333,
.inversion = INVERSION_AUTO,
{ ofdm:
{
.bandwidth = BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ,
.code_rate_HP = FEC_3_4,
.code_rate_LP = FEC_NONE,
.constellation = QAM_16,
.transmission_mode = TRANSMISSION_MODE_2K,
.guard_interval = GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32,
.hierarchy_information = HIERARCHY_NONE
}
}
}
},

As far as I can tell, this information is still up to date...

Thanks,

Jim