[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-kernel and 2.5.71?

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 12:08:53PM +0200, Michael Hunold wrote:

Hello Michael ;-)

> >I have reported it a lots of time, and you were the one who fix the bug
> >in the dvb-kernel, remember?
>
> It wasn't Holger, it was me. 8-)

Oups, sorry, you're right :-)

> Well, you can switch, but apparently some stuff got lost inside the
> saa7146 code that made it actually work. Unfortunately, I don't have a
> NTSC DVD here (yet), so I can't test it at the moment.
>
> If somebody can give some NTSC material to play with, I can fix it probably.

Why don't you try with the mplayer plugin and force using NTSC mode even
for PAL movie?

> Hm, I thought you solved that problem. Ok: when you use "overlay", you
> can have a picture size of 768x576 max. If you switch to "grabdisplay"
> and use "xv", then you should be able to scale to arbitrary sizes.
>
> Does this work?

No: with xv you could only scale to size bigger than 768x576, setting
smaller size gives you only garbage...

> What part oopes exactly? If you have the time, please try again and
> capture the oops, pipe it through ksymoops and sent it to me.

I'll try ;-)

> >(with xv, I can resize to larger screen, but not to smaller one).
>
> I don't understand that, sorry.

It means, size bigger than 768x576 works great, but not smaller ones...

> >Is it a good idea to have separate DVB HEAD and dvb-kernel?
> >Wouldn't it be better to solve and improve just one source?
>
> DVB and dvb-kernel are keep identially -- all patches that make it to
> the av7110 driver, the frontends, the dvb-core are applied to both
> trees. Only the driver modularization (av7110, budget, budget-av) and
> the saa7146 driver core have been changed.

OK, it would be great if the shifted problem of the DVB Head could be
fixed, and the NTSC, small xv scalling of the dvb-kernel could be fixed
(I don't have the knowledge to do it myself unfortunately...) :-)

Have a great day,

	Grégoire