[linux-dvb] Re: TDA10045H woes

From: "Ben McKeegan" <ben@mckeegan.org>
> I've managed to peel this back without destroying too much of
> the sticker underneath, which reads:
>
> TD1316/SIHP
> 3112 297 13361L*
> 0313 SV22 000000
>
> (The '*' signifies a character that I can't read properly)

Thank you very much! For comparison, the sticker on my tuner reads:

TDM1316L/IHP
3112 297 13171L#
0311 SV22 000000

The M stands for reModulator, the L for Loopthrough, both components are
completely superfluous (and in fact unusable since the module has no
physical output RF connector!). I don't know that the extra "S" on your
module's label means, maybe "Special"...

Anyway, from a driver point of view, I assume the only difference is that
your tuner has no remodulator, so Andrew's fix is already everything that
needs to be done - just ignore if disabling the remodulator was successful
or not :)

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach