[linux-dvb] Re: TDA10045H woes

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Robert Schlabbach wrote:

> > the problem was occuring.  It seems to be in the section of code that
> > disables the MC44BC374C:
>
> Ben, could you take a look at the "tin box" on your card and copy all
> markings you find on it? From what you describe it sounds like there is no
> remodulator on you card. Andrew's and my card have the "TDM1316L" tuner on
> it, where the "M" marks it as being a model with a remodulator, though that
> part is completely unused in the card design. There is also a "TD1316L"
> model, which does not have a demodulator.

Haupauge have uncooperatively stuck a sticker over with a TV logo and
writing that says:

NOVA-T-PCI  19300216
WinTV
Tested to comply with FCC Standards
Copyright 1998 Hauppauge Computer Works Inc

I've managed to peel this back without destroying too much of the sticker
underneath, which reads:

TD1316/SIHP
3112 297 13361L*
0313 SV22 000000

(The '*' signifies a character that I can't read properly)

So it certainly looks like I've got something different, although perhaps
not exactly what you were expecting!

> >From what I gather, TechnoTrend picked the "TDM1316L" model for their
> cards, because it is the only one with a 5VDC option for feeding an active
> antenna through the antenna connector. There is a jumper below the tin box
> which enables that 5VDC. Does your card have that (or _any_) jumper on it?

I do have a jumper below the box, but it is not labelled.  It is currently
open.

The circuit board bears the following markings -

Just above the tin box, it says:

B2T1110
Rev.1.1

Along the edge of the board, to the right of the tin box, it says:

TT2002.52

Cheers,
Ben.