[linux-dvb] Re: TDA10045H woes

From: "Ben McKeegan" <ben@mckeegan.org>
> I've tried running with the debug option and it appears to be looping,
> continually calling tda_10045h_init, and never starts uploading the
> firmware.  I stuck in a few extra debug output lines to isolate where
> the problem was occuring.  It seems to be in the section of code that
> disables the MC44BC374C:

Ben, could you take a look at the "tin box" on your card and copy all
markings you find on it? From what you describe it sounds like there is no
remodulator on you card. Andrew's and my card have the "TDM1316L" tuner on
it, where the "M" marks it as being a model with a remodulator, though that
part is completely unused in the card design. There is also a "TD1316L"
model, which does not have a demodulator.

From what I gather, TechnoTrend picked the "TDM1316L" model for their
cards, because it is the only one with a 5VDC option for feeding an active
antenna through the antenna connector. There is a jumper below the tin box
which enables that 5VDC. Does your card have that (or _any_) jumper on it?

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s@gmx.net