[linux-dvb] Re: /etc/modules.conf for Hauppauge WinTV Nexus-s

Walter Schittek schrieb:
Hi,

I've added the following lines from DVB/driver/modules.conf to my /etc/modules.conf. And then executed depmod -a.

probeall /dev/dvb dvb-ttpci
alias /dev/dvb/* /dev/dvb
below dvb-ttpci alps_bsru6 alps_bsrv2 grundig_29504-401
add below dvb-ttpci grundig_29504-491 ves1820 alps_tdmb7 alps_tdlb7

But the only way for me to get the driver modules running after a restart of the computer is to
make
make insmod

My /var/log/messages contains these lines after a restart of the computer:

modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-81-0
modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-250

I suppose the are two lines missing in /etc/modules.conf that say:

alias char-major-81-0 xxx
alias char-major-250 yyy

But what shall I enter for xxx and yyy ??
I've tried many of the compiled modules, but don't get it working.

Is there anything additional to do?

I know nearly nothing about modules and how they are loaded via /etc/modules. So, please don't assume anything as selfunderstood. Perhaps a little detail that you mention may bring the solution for me.

Thanks for your answers.

In my dvb rpm packages, you'll find a modules.devel where I did
put the following:

alias dvb dvb-ttpci
alias char-major-250 dvb
options dvb-core dvb_shutdown_timeout=0
# options dvb-core dvb_shutdown_timeout=0 debug=1
# options dvb-ttpci av7110_debug=1

those lines might be needed to be added to your modules.conf, or a
line added like `include dvb/modules.devel`. I dunno about major-81 tho....
cheers,
-- guido                                  http://google.de/search?q=guidod
GCS/E/S/P C++/++++$ ULHS L++w- N++@ d(+-) s+a- r+@>+++ y++ 5++X- (geekcode)