[linux-dvb] USB 2.0 to DVB-ASI

Title: USB 2.0 to DVB-ASI

Hi,

As I understand it, there is an open source project to make a USB 2.0 DVB reciever.  We have a need for a USB 2.0 to ASI converter (at 5-16 Mbps).  I would like to build on the open source project.  We have an ASI output circuit which accepts a 8-bit wide data, sync and clock and outputs DVB-ASI.  The clock is at 27 Mhz.  We also have clock circuits.  I have to talk this over with my boss, but I think we would be willing to donate it to this project (I'm crossing my fingers).  In return we hope to get a USB 2.0 to DVB-ASI that is cheap to make and well supported by Linux.  I think it could be a good situation for our company because we do not want to develop the USB 2.0 circuits and drivers.

I'd like to get in touch with whoever is on this project.  I don't know what the time frame on this is and it is still tenitave.  Don't expect anything for at least several weeks.

-Brian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index